- Mobile Robot Pioneer 3 DX 
Standard mobile robot platform, used as the base in experiments on the instruction taking robots.
- Microsoft Kinect 
Popular and cheap RGB-D sensors Forms the basis of various experiments involving object detection and gesture recognition. Associated ROS nodes are OpenNI and PCL. Also several exploratory projects such as teleoperation of a robot and slide control during presentations with gestures have been undertaken.
- COOL (Co-ordinated Links ) Robot Arm 
7 DOF robotic arm made from Dynamixel servos -high performance, intelligent actuators give feedback on position, speed, load,voltage, and temperature. Has a reach of 50cm and repeatability of +/- 0.05cm. Control using cool300_-ros ROS package and Energid's software Actin.
- iRobot Create Platform 
Simple platforms based on iRobot’s Roomba design. Easy and extensive interfacing in ROS using the turtle-bot node. A laser-tag like game using two creates was developed using the ROS framework.
- Mobile Robots - http://www.mobilerobots.com/ResearchRobots/PioneerP3DX.aspx
- Microsoft Kinect - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/
- Asimov Robotics - http://asimovrobotics.com/more.php?robot=coolarm
- IRobot - http://www.irobot.com/create